Scott V. Morgan is a native Oklahoman. Born in Tulsa, he spent his formative years in northeastern Oklahoma working in the oilfields surrounding Lenapah, Oklahoma. Mr. Morgan attended Southwestern College in Winfield, Kansas on a football scholarship, lettering each year and serving as a team captain his last two seasons. At Southwestern, Mr. Morgan minored in Political Science with an emphasis on Middle Eastern studies and received a Bachelor of Science in Health in 2007.
After college, Mr. Morgan attended the University of Tulsa College of Law. At Tulsa Law, he was the Executive Editor of the Energy Law Journal and President of the Resources, Energy, and Environmental Law Society. Mr. Morgan was also one of three inaugural recipients of the Chesapeake Energy Law Scholarship. During law school, he took an extra course load concentrating on energy and natural resources law, obtaining Tulsa Law’s Resources, Energy, and Environmental Law certification upon graduating in 2010. Mr. Morgan also worked as a land man and regulatory compliance specialist for independent oil and gas producers throughout Oklahoma while attending Tulsa Law.
Following law school, Mr. Morgan began working at a boutique oil and gas law firm in Tulsa before joining Moyers Martin, LLP in May, 2011. He has been a partner at Moyers Martin since March, 2014. Mr. Morgan’s client list includes clients across several sectors of the oil and gas industry, from interest owners to pipeline companies, gas purchasers, domestic and international E&P companies, oilfield service companies, and seismic surveyors.
He is an experienced trial attorney, regularly sitting as the first chair attorney in jury and non-jury trials and all forms of alternative dispute resolution. In addition, his work as an appellate advocate has resulted in multiple published opinions.
Mr. Morgan donates his time by serving on the University of Tulsa College of Law Alumni Board of Directors and the Tulsa County Bar Association Energy and Mineral Law Section Board of Directors, of which he is a past-president. Mr. Morgan has written articles and presented to energy and construction industry professionals on several occasions, covering topics such as:
- What Happens to Your Client’s Joint Operating Agreement in Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Article Co-Author, April, 2016 (Tulsa Lawyer Magazine)
- Oilfield M&A Overview, Presentation, May 18, 2016 (Tulsa County Bar Association Energy and Mineral Law Section)
- Owner/General Contractor Conflict Resolution, Presentation, February 23, 2016 (Associated General Contractors of America, Tulsa Chapter)
Mr. Morgan is married to his best friend, Katee, and together they have four children, Jack, Luke, Aria, and Julian. His hobbies include shooting sports, yard work, and spending time with his family outdoors.
- Oil and Gas Litigation
- Oil and Gas Title Examination
- Oil and Gas Transactions
- General Civil Litigation
- General Business Transactions
- B.S., Health, Southwestern College
Minor, Political Science
- J.D., University of Tulsa College of Law
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Tulsa County Bar Association
Leadership and Volunteer Activities
- Chairman of the Tulsa County Bar Association Energy and Mineral Law Section
- Tulsa County Delegate (Alternate) to Oklahoma Bar Association
- Member of Tulsa County Bar Association Litigation Section
- 2014 graduate, Oklahoma Bar Association Leadership Academy
- Super Lawyer – 2017 Oklahoma Rising Stars